TMNT Shadows of the Past – Dice Organization

Designed and laser cut an accessory to keep track of the used and shared dice in the TMNT Shadows of the Past game. Worked pretty well, text is a bit hard to see on the wacky table cloth.

How to use: I think for us our favorite way to use is to orient the use either to the inside or outside, whichever is most convenient. And on the active turtle’s turn, all your dice are in the available section, and you grab the neighboring dice (unless you’re Raph) and put in your share section. When you use your dice you put then into the used section, as you use the share dice put them back into the used or available section of the neighbor turtles’ dice holder.

Originally I was going to put each turtle’s dice on their own share side and as they get used they go to the available or used as the neighbors used them, but I think that’s a bit more confusing. So that’s why Raph has the share section when he doesn’t borrow dice. I’ll upload both files and people can decide which they want to use.

King of Tokyo Box Insert

Finished my second game insert, King of Tokyo, with the help of a friend’s laser cutter.

First I mocked up blocks for the different pieces, then I moved things around until I liked the fit, and finally put in walls to finish the floor plan.

After the floor plan was done, I made notches in the base and walls for connections. Then I pulled out out the 4 outer walls, built up them up, then laser cut them with the base and test fit them.

After I had the base and outer walls finished, I started on the internal ones.  It took a few revisions for some of the walls before I got them right.  Finally I designed a cover so the board fits in the middle.  I’m not super happy with how the top cover turned out, but it’s still a step in the right direction.

One interesting thing, the laser makes the foam pull back from the edges.  This isn’t great for long flat contacts, but for joints, it works really well because you can put the tip of your glue into the gap and fill it.

 

I’ve attached the DWG file in case anyone wants to modify or make one them self.